1. Huishan Zhang was born and raised in Qingdao, China, and studied fashion at London’s Central Saint Martin’s. He wakes up at 5am every morning to speak to his atelier in China before everyone in London wakes up, then heads to his Holborn studio which he says is “small and cosy”.
2. He set up his eponymous label in 2011. “My first fashion memory was learning how to pattern cut: watching my first garment come into full development was an amazing feeling.”
3. Zhang describes his aesthetic as “romantic, elegant, feminine”.
4. The best piece of advice he has ever received is: “Enjoy every stepping stone as the higher you climb, the more pressure there will be.”
5. If he wasn’t designing clothes, Zhang would be running a restaurant. “I love food and eating out.”