With their bold, exquisite fabrics in modern silhouettes, the London-based designers Rob Jones and Catherine Teatum have ploughed a furrow designing maximalist clothes inspired by “human stories”.
1. Creative directors Catherine Teatum and Rob Jones are born and bred Londoners, and are based in Waterloo, where they have been since the beginning. “We are part of a creative hub with studio neighbours that include musicians, artists and print designers”.
2. London still holds appeal because of its “Inclusivity, mixture of cultures and rich history”
3. If they weren’t designing clothes, Catherine would be a lawyer and Rob would be composing score music.
4. Their favourite designer is the Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas because his work is “modern, polished and bold” – words they also use to describe their own aesthetic.
5. The single thing they think has helped them to get to where they are today? “Relentless Drive”